How to Develop your Franchise Hiring TechniquesDate : Sep 4, 2018
Investing in a franchise business is highly rewarding. That is why you need to invest in the right employees to staff it. Aside from your capital investment, it is best that you invest in the best employees as this ensures the success of your franchise business. Having employees that are engaging, committed and productive can be a challenge to some but when you are able to develop your hiring techniques and implement smart strategies, you can find the best and most qualified employees for every role.
Below is a guide that we prepared to help you improve your franchise hiring strategies:
1. Create a Hiring Plan – your plan must include well thought-out questions and ideas of the qualities that you are looking for in a staff member. These qualities will help you assess the skills and traits that you will need for each position. That is why it is very important that you have a strategy in place before you decide to hire.
2. Conduct Thorough Research – once you were able to meet all the candidates, check the references of all the ones that you have already interviewed. Some companies conduct Google or Facebook searches to screen most of their candidates. You can do it too. Find and use every piece of information that you can to find the right employee for your franchise business.
3. Do Rounds of Interview – one good quality that you can extract from the right candidate is patience. If he/she is patient enough to do at least two to three rounds of interview, it is one way to gauge their personality and attitude. Give yourself time to make a good decision in picking the best candidate for the position. Don’t be too eager to hire.
4. Look for Related Skills – the best candidate for the position is someone who has had experience and skills that would be beneficial for the company. He/she needs not to have a lot of experience, what’s important is that these experiences and skills are relevant to the position that the candidate is applying for. An example of a strong candidate is someone who has a broad range of experience from customer service to inventory management.
5. Use the Latest Hiring Trends – modern technology has provided a lot of hiring techniques to save time and effort both for the company and the candidate. You may try social recruiting where you promote open positions on your social media accounts. You may have a good source of candidates for potential hires. Video interviewing can also help you save time and money. A 15-20 minute video conference for the initial interview is already possible nowadays.
Hiring the right people can improve your franchise business. Always remember two key factors when hiring the best and the right employee will always be experience and accountability. Build a team that fosters a good and positive attitude where everyone will be happy working together as one.